The httest provides a large variety of HTTP-related functionality, useful for implementing all kinds of HTTP-based tests.
Licenced under the Apache License Version 2.0.
Sponsored and supported by AdNovum
Adnovum focus story about httest
5 year anniversary :)
Bugreports, patchs and feedback are highly recommended.
- Htt Users Mail List: If you want discuss your test cases, test scripts and the like please do not hesitiate and post your input here so everybody else can share your experiences.
- Htt Developer Mail List: If you like to improve the code of httest please do not hesitiate and post your Ideas, patchs and code snipplets here
Please register to mailing list before post your input.
- Advanced HTTP protocol handling, including ne-grained timeout handling, request and response validation.
- Simulating clients and servers, including startup and shutdown of server daemons. This allows to create mock-ups of back-end systems in more complex test situations, for example when the tested application needs to interact with a 3rd-party back-end system which is not available in the testing environment.
- Even POP3 and SMTP can be emulated with the simple httest scripting language.
- Execution of external commandline tools, using their output as request or response data, or for validation purposes.
- Copying stream data (e.g. from a response) and re-using it in variables.
- Simulating NTLM client and server.
- Various functions for url encoding, base64 encoding, math operations and many more.
- httest - main programm
- htproxy - generate httest scripts
- htntlm - enable ntlm in your httest scripts
- hturlext - extracts url from html (GNU General Public License 2.0)
- htremote - enable interactive scripts in your httest scripts
- Windows binary can be build with Visual Studio Express, the project file can be found on neophob
- If some one know how to build a cygwin binary please drop a mail to ia97lies at users.sourceforge.net
Projects and Companies Using HTTP Test Tool
If you are using httest and like to appear in the list above, drop me a mail (ia97lies at users.sourceforge.net)