The httest provides a large variety of HTTP-related functionality, useful for implementing all kinds of HTTP-based tests.
Licenced under the Apache License Version 2.0.
Sponsored and supported by AdNovum
Adnovum focus story about httest
5 year anniversary :)
New httest 2.3.3 released on 15. march 2013 available. Recommended stable version.
New with thread safe logging and thread id markers on log line, a better XML support by Rafael Torres, charset translation support and a new annotation module to mark test to be able to skip on specified conditions.
Bugreports, patchs and feedback are highly recommended.
- Htt Users Mail List: If you need help with test scripts and test cases do not hesitiate and post your questions here.
- Htt Developer Mail List: If you like to improve the code of httest please do not hesitiate and post your Ideas, patchs and code snipplets here
Please register to mailing list before post your input to make life easier and get a fast response!
- Advanced HTTP protocol handling, including ne-grained timeout handling, request and response validation.
- Simulating clients and servers, including startup and shutdown of server daemons. This allows to create mock-ups of back-end systems in more complex test situations, for example when the tested application needs to interact with a 3rd-party back-end system which is not available in the testing environment.
- Execution of external commandline tools, using their output as request or response data, or for validation purposes.
- Copying stream data (e.g. from a response) and re-using it in variables.
- Various functions for url encoding, base64 encoding, math operations and many more.
- Additional protocols like POP3, SMTP, websockets and NTLM can be tested with httest.
- Advanced performance testing support
Projects and Companies Using HTTP Test Tool
If you are using httest and like to appear in the list above, drop me a mail (ia97lies at users.sourceforge.net)